A free and open supply Jabber/XMPP shopper for Android. Easy to make use of, dependable, battery pleasant. With built-in help for pictures, group chats and e2e encryption.
• Be as lovely and simple to make use of as attainable with out sacrificing safety or privateness
• Rely on current, nicely established protocols
• Do not require a Google Account or particularly Google Cloud Messaging (GCM)
• Require as little permissions as attainable
• End-to-end encryption with both OMEMO or OpenPGP
• Encrypted audio and video calls (DLTS-SRTP)
• Sending and receiving pictures
• Intuitive UI that follows Android Design tips
• Pictures / Avatars to your Contacts
• Syncs with desktop shopper
• Conferences (with help for bookmarks)
• Address ebook integration
• Multiple Accounts / unified inbox
• Very low impression on battery life
Conversations makes it very straightforward to create an account on the conversations.im server. Using that server comes with an annual price of 8 Euro after a 6 month trial interval. However Conversations will work with every other XMPP server as nicely. Lots of XMPP servers are run by volunteers and are freed from cost.
Conversations works with each XMPP server on the market. However XMPP is an extensible protocol. These extensions are standardized as nicely in so known as XEP’s. Conversations helps a few these to make the general consumer expertise higher. There is an opportunity that your present XMPP server doesn’t help these extensions. Therefore to get essentially the most out of Conversations it is best to take into account both switching to an
XMPP server that does or – even higher – run your personal XMPP server for you and your mates.
These XEPs are – as of now:
• XEP-0065: SOCKS5 Bytestreams (or mod_proxy65). Will be used to switch recordsdata if each events are behind a firewall (NAT).
• XEP-0163: Personal Eventing Protocol for avatars
• XEP-0191: Blocking command enables you to blacklist spammers or block contacts with out eradicating them out of your roster.
• XEP-0198: Stream Management permits XMPP to outlive small community outages and adjustments of the underlying TCP connection.
• XEP-0280: Message Carbons which routinely syncs the messages you ship to your desktop shopper and thus means that you can change seamlessly out of your cell shopper to your desktop shopper and again inside one dialog.
• XEP-0237: Roster Versioning primarily to save lots of bandwidth on poor cell connections
• XEP-0313: Message Archive Management synchronize message historical past with the server. Catch up with messages that have been despatched whereas Conversations was offline.
• XEP-0352: Client State Indication lets the server know whether or not or not Conversations is within the background. Allows the server to save lots of bandwidth by withholding unimportant packages.
• XEP-0363: HTTP File Upload means that you can share recordsdata in conferences and with offline contacts. Requires a further element in your server.